Knowledge of Prayer

Knowledge of Prayer
from Brida by Paulo Coelho

"It is through prayers that we commune with God. A prayer, when couched in the words of the soul, is far more powerful than any ritual.”
“Because you lack the humility to listen to it and find out what it wants. You’re embarrassed to listen to the urgings of your soul and afraid to take those requests to God, because you think He doesn’t have time to concern Himself with them.”


A prayer by teacher - Magus
“We are human beings, Lord, and we do not know our own greatness. Lord, give us the humility to ask for what we need, because no desire is vain and no request is futile. Each of us knows how best to feed our own soul; give us the courage to see our desires as coming from the fount of Your eternal Wisdom. Only by accepting our desires can we begin to understand who we are. Amen.”
 
A prayer by student - Brida
“Lord, help me understand that all the good things in life that happen to me do so because I deserve them. Help me understand that what moves me to seek out Your truth is the same force that moved the saints, and the doubts I have are the same doubts that the saints had, and my frailties are the same frailties. Help me to be humble enough to accept that I am no different from other people. Amen.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Searching Star N Soul

バースデイ・ガール

Beyond Being...